Homework at Brighouse High School is a key aspect of each student’s curriculum. Tasks are set to further develop the knowledge and understanding that has been established during lessons and to prepare for the learning that will take place in future lessons.
Homework enables students to:
- Consolidate and extend work covered in class or prepare for new learning activities
- Have an opportunity for independent learning
- Show progress and understanding
- Enhance a range of study skills including time management, planning, self-discipline
- Take ownership and responsibility for their own learning
- Engage parental co-operation and support
Both paper-based and online homework activities are set. Each class has their own Google Classroom for the setting of online homework activities. Parents and carers can request to be linked into the Google Classroom so they can view the homework activities. If you are not linked, please ask your child to share their Google Classroom with you.
All homework activities are recorded in the Student Planner. The homework section for each lesson should be completed with a reminder of what must be done at home. There is space for comments from parents and carers and from teachers.
In Year 7, students are expected to spend about an hour per night on homework, sometimes a little more or less.
If you have any difficulties with your homework, be sure to tell your form tutor who will try and help you.