Mental Health Awareness Week 9-15 May 2022 – Loneliness
9th May 2022
Mental Health Awareness Week
9-15 May 2022 – Loneliness
Raising awareness at Brighouse High School
Here at BHS, we are going to embrace Mental Health Awareness Week by having our positivity week at the same time. Our students and staff will be supporting each other by:
- DO or SAY something nice – Spread positivity across our school community.
- Positivity Tree - Write a nice act of kindness onto a leaf for the positive tree
- Look after yourself - Make use of our ‘talking time’ area during break and lunchtimes.
- Go to the LMH - Take part in activities to promote good mental health.
- Get active – Physical exercise is brilliant to help you improve your mental health. Physical challenges and meditation is available throughout the week.
Further information and support for our staff, students and parents can be access by visiting our EWB section of the school website. https://www.brighouse.calderdale.sch.uk/About-Us/Emotional-Wellbeing-and-support
Parents have the opportunity to sign up to our mental health support workshops by following this link https://www.brighouse.calderdale.sch.uk/blog/posts/Letter-April-22-Mental-Health-Wellbeing-Parental-Support
Together we can tackle loneliness
For Mental Health Awareness Week this year, we're raising awareness of the impact of loneliness on our mental wellbeing and the practical steps we can take to address it.
Loneliness is affecting more and more of us in the UK and has had a huge impact on our physical and mental health during the pandemic.
Our connection to other people and our community is fundamental to protecting our mental health and we need to find better ways of tackling the epidemic of loneliness. We can all play a part in this.
About Mental Health Awareness Week
The Mental Health Foundation started Mental Health Awareness Week 21 years ago and we continue to set the theme, organise and host the week. It’s an opportunity for the whole of the UK to focus on achieving good mental health and has grown to become one of the biggest awareness weeks across the UK and globally.
Further information and Support
Visit the Mental Health Awareness Week website for support and resources.
Join in on social media
Stay up to date with the latest on Mental Health Awareness Week, follow our social media account for updates on the week.
- Twitter: @mentalhealth
- Facebook: @mentalhealthfoundation
- Instagram: @mentalhealthfoundation
- LinkedIn: @mental-health-foundation