Homework is seen as very important at Brighouse High School. We have a policy of giving homework to all pupils.
Here are some of the reasons:
- to provide opportunities to work outside the classroom
- so that you can practice skills learnt in class
- to help you develop a sense of responsibility
- to help you learn to organise your time
- to involve your parents in your education
You will be given a student planner. You are expected to complete the homework section each lesson so that you have a reminder of what must be done at home. There is space for comments from your parents and from teachers.
In Year 7, you will be expected to spend about an hour a night on homework, sometimes a little more or less. If you have any difficulties, be sure to tell your tutor, who will try to help you.
Please look at the Student Support page if you require any help.
To access the Homework Drive please click here
In this section
- Biometric Information
- Friends of Brighouse High
- GCSE Pod
- Schools Performance Tables
- Help raise funds for school
- Parents Calendar
- Year 11 GCSE Preparation
- Countdown to Exams Year 11
- Countdown to Exams 6th Form
- Year 11 GCSE Mock Exams Information 2018
- English as an additional language
- Parents Information Evening